Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is a method of problem solving that tries to identify the root causes of faults or problems that cause operating events. RCA practice tries to solve problems by attempting to identify and correct the root causes of events, as opposed to simply addressing their symptoms. By focusing correction on root causes, problem recurrence can be prevented. This intensive workshop is intended for Oil & Gas engineers, in order to prepare them to be Principal Investigators who have the competence to lead RCA investigations effectively. This training is not associated to a particular brand. Rather, the participants will be provided the core concepts, applied methodology and be guided in simulated practices of a real-world RCA.
- The importance of RCA’s
- Introduction to RCA methodologies: (Failsafe,
- Taproot, etc.), and categories (Mini/Midi/Maxi)
- Typical RCA work process
- Types of Evidence & Causations
- The roles of Principal Investigators
- Actual RCA examples
- Study cases
During this 4.5 day class, the participants will be guided to find the root causes of any problem in the operations, and systematically eliminate the defects.
Who should attend ?
- Engineers – process, process safety, and mechanical
- Operations and Maintenance Staff – senior operators, maintenance technicians, supervisors
- Process reliability staff
- Process quality control/assurance staff